Our Sustainability Commitment
At Dun Aluinn we recognise the importance of environmental protection, conservation and sustainability. By abiding to all appropriate environmental codes of practice, legislations and regulations, we endeavour to provide our guests with the highest of quality stay in Dun Aluinn.
We are wholeheartedly committed to minimising the environmental impact of our operations at Dun Aluinn. We will achieve our vision by further committing to the following practices:
- We continue to work with local partners to deliver our services, and we expect our partners to have the same shared values and vision of sustainability that we do.
- Training our team in eco-friendly practices and providing the necessary equipment and products to discharge their responsibilities.
- By continuously seeking to improve our resource efficiency and environmental performance by monitoring our usage of water, energy and waste.
- Regularly reviewing the environmental impact of our operations alongside Implementing new strategies to become more eco-friendly.
- By using reusable or recyclable products and materials wherever possible to replace virgin products.
- By regularly adding to our green spaces and tree planting, we ensure our wildlife at Dun Aluinn is cared for and protected. We have a policy of re-wilding on the estate, and letting nature take its course, we will continue to provide a safe and protected environment to allow this to continue.
- We are staying committed to local and national charities with shared visions. We are now supporting the Scottish Crannog Centre Trust (SCCT) with a yearly donation to the charity. The Scottish Crannog on Loch Tay is one the unique Highland Experiences we offer guests at Dun Aluinn. We are also supporting the Scottish Wildlife Trust with a yearly donation.